Nine Reasons Why Baseball is Superior to Cricket
I have a brother-in-law from
that argues cricket is superior to baseball, carrying on about cricket’s long history, its prestige, and how it’s the 2nd most popular sport in the world. Well, here is my official argument to him and the rest of the world. Yeah, cricket’s been around a long time and is very well-known around the globe, but the same could be said about a toilet.
Here are the top 9 reasons why baseball is superior to cricket:
9) The terms“Cricketers” and “Batsman” just sound funny.
8) Real men bend their elbow when they throw and don’t need the ground to change the direction of the ball. Tim Wakefield can make a baseball change directions in the air – baseball players are like magicians!
7) A baseball game isusually about 3 hours – that seems normal. A cricket match can last anywhere between 6 hours and 5 days (yes, that’s days).I don’t know about you, but my butt would get numb in those bleachers. On the flip side, at least I would be some good sleep.
6) A “bowler” should be someone that drinks beer, smokes, cusses loudly, and screams “over the line”!
5) Anyone can tap a ball with a paddle with an absurdly large surface area. Try hitting one with a small, cylindrical bat.
4) Even at an older age, Nolan Ryan could still beat up any cricketer that ever lived. By the way, I think Robin Ventura grew up playing cricket.
3) In baseball, a pitcher doesn’t need a running start.
2) Baseball players drink water/Gatorade, eat sunflower seeds, and chew tobacco DURING a game. Cricketers TAKE A BREAK in the middle of a game to drink tea and eat crumpets.
1) The uniform of a cricketer is ridiculous. V-neck sweater vests and polo shirts with neatly creased shorts….really?